Monday, July 18, 2016

Baptism and Emergency Transfer

From last Monday-  Baptism!



I have been learning more about the love that the Lord has for us.  No matter where we are, or what we have done, He loves us and wants us to succeed!  I know that He is so happy when we take a step closer to him!  I was able to feel a little of what He feels when I saw David get baptized this week.  He was just so excited and he is already helping others of his friends come to the gospel!  It is amazing to see how much the gospel has changed him, from who he was at the beginning of the transfer to now, he has already changed so much! 

Besides that awesome experience our week was rather slow. At the end of the week my companions and I had a conversation about success.  We talked about how people have their agency, they have the choice to reject us or not and sometimes they use it to reject us. We have to just keep going, because success comes from within.  We talked about how obedience, diligence and love for everyone is what makes us successful.  When we do those things, we will be changed for the better! 




From today-  Emergency Transfer!

This week was super awesome!  We have had a decent amount of member present lessons, which has been so awesome!  It has been good for our investigators to meet more members to be pretty integrated in the branch!  We were able to talk with a lot of people on the street, get a return appointment, and have them be new investigators!  When the way we do lessons changed, the one thing that I thought would be the hardest would be to get new investigators, now we are used to it, it is very possible!  We have found the easiest way to get a solid return appointment is to make sure we state our purpose, relate it to them, and to ask for referrals!  We have found a lot of solid people in Sun Valley because of it. 
The Legendary G House!
This weekend/end of the week has kind of been a struggle.  I got a call telling me that I was getting Emergency Transferred to be with Elder Gourdin, his companion became the new assistant.  I am getting transferred a week early.  I am glad I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Gourdin because, just like with any tough experience it seems, it gets easier when you do it, the buildup before of worry is much worse.  Now I am super excited to go back to Sun Valley, I am sad to leave my companions, but I can't wait to learn more from Elder Gourdin! 

Elders Jarnagin, Johnson, & Choi with their Spanish Branch (local congregation)

No comments:

Post a Comment