Monday, January 18, 2016

Sadness from Investigators

   This week has been pretty great, but it has been one of the hardest as well.  Not much to report.  I am improving in talking and teaching more in lessons and Elder Franco has been letting me take charge of more lessons, which is hard, but it's good to help me grow.  We had many more member present lessons this week and we could really feel the difference.  
   This week was really hard because Cesar Chavez, who was rapidly progressing, told us he does not believe in the law of tithing.  We have tried so many times to talk to him, but he never wants to.  This has really been my first real experience with the sadness missionaries feel because of their investigators not following commitments and not progressing.  This has been a great experience to learn and to grow and I learned more fully that we always need to rely on the Lord.  Elder Franco and I had the opportunity to fast for Cesar and nothing has happened yet, but I know something will down the road, in the Lord's time! 

   On a side note from Mom, I received this picture from a member in the area this week-

Apparently Elder Jarnagin's basketball skills have really leveled up!  (He was actually helping her set up for a youth activity, where they set up a platform in front of the stage.  He jumped from there...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment