Monday, January 11, 2016

Smile!

  This week has been so great!   We have been having a lot of lessons with the Family Chavez and he has been very accepting and is steadily progressing for his baptismal date on the 30th!   We had a lot of success with talking to people in the most random places. We were getting gas on Wednesday and a Mexican woman pulled up and we began to tell her about the restoration when she broke down into tears!  She said she needed this message and she would call us later on. We had exchanges on Thursday and I got to use my bike down in Truckee River, a biking area in the middle of Reno.  I was with our District Leader's companion, Elder Gamble.  He is more reserved than other elders, but he has a great gospel knowledge and genuinely cares about people.  It is always so different serving in English, but I learned a lot from Elder Gamble! 




The Mission Tour with Elder Robbins was so great and it really gave me more confidence to be diligent in street contacts!  Saturday was something special, it was just a regular day, but I felt so happy all day and it was just because I tried to smile more.  It was so great to see the impact a more positive effort has on our attitudes about missionary work!

No comments:

Post a Comment