Thursday, February 4, 2016

New Companion

   This week has been great!  We haven't had as many lessons, but the lessons we did have have been very powerful.  We had a church tour with one of our investigators, V. and his daughter and it was so amazing to be able to see the Spirit touch their hearts!  When we went into the chapel, they just stopped and said they felt peace. V. said he wanted to take a nap there!  We have been dropping a few more investigators that were not interested and that has been good.  A lot of old investigators that we have not seen in a long time are popping up again and that has been so great!
   This Sunday, I had my first real transfer call.  Elder Franco is leaving, he is going to Winnemucca, in the middle of Nevada. My new companion will be Elder Romney from Chihuahua Mexico.  I will be the senior companion, meaning that I will drive, take control of lessons, be in charge of all planning and basically lead.  Transfers has been interesting, to put it into one word.  It will be hard to say goodbye to Elder Franco, but I know that Elder Romney and I will see a lot of miracles up here!  It will be tough, but I know that transfers, who we are with and where, is from the Lord!

   Last week, I asked Elder Jarnagin if he was being exactly obedient and how obedience has blessed his life even when it was hard.  Here was his response to me (which for some reason I feel impressed to share...)

  This week has been great!  We have seen so many miracles!  I am striving to be exactly obedient!  We  have learned this week that exact obedience is more than just being obedient, it is also a state of mind!  I am trying to be obedient in all times, and especially in my thoughts, leaving unnecessary thoughts out.  I think we were able to have success with the R. family this week because of obedience, it is so important.

 Elder Jarnagin keeps forgetting to take his camera with him, so I am really missing his face!  This is a picture from the last Sunday he was home with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment